Comfori’s Land Conference is a premier platform for the discussion of pivotal land matters in our nation. Every year we handpick top land experts to give you critical insights, strategies and deep learning on the trends and issues that are shaping and transforming our land industry.
Themed “A Feasible Road Map for Land Development: 2020 & Beyond”, the Malaysia Land Conference, into its 7th successful year, will deliver a solutions-driven agenda that addresses the complexities and uniqueness of the Malaysian land and property market, and aims to provide an extensive line-up to address many of the pressing issues that exist in our current land & property administration.
A notable feature this year is that we will be holding an extra day for a virtual conference. The 7th of July 2020 will feature a handful of highly experienced industry experts who will delve into the intricacies of land matters intertwined with the ramifications of Covid-19.
Through a series of keynotes and interactive sessions from our industry’s leading experts, we bring you a can’t-miss opportunity to nosedive into the challenges, best practices and new opportunities in land matters as we steer towards a new future.
• Perspectives from Land Authority, Developers, Valuers, Investors, Legal Experts and all stakeholders in the Malaysian land and property market
• Significant exposure on current & controversial issues with regards to land matters in our country and the way forward
• Comprehensive coverage on the latest land regulatory and compliance issues
• A platform for intellectuals from various fields and disciplines to debate and discuss contemporary land issues
• Opportunities to network, forge new connections, and learn from key industry leaders
The 7th Malaysia Land Conference is an all-inclusive, comprehensive platform that aims to foster dialogue and sharing by all related professionals in the nation who will be engaged to focus on current issues, progress and the next steps with respect to land issues. Tentative topics you can look forward to in this exclusive conference include:
7th July 2020:
· Land Use And Property Development In The Aftermath Of Covid-19: Welcome To The Future
· Urban Development & Smart Cities Post Covid
· Can Force Majeure & the Doctrine of Frustration be used not to Fulfil Contractual Obligations Caused by MCO or Covid-19 Events?
· The Impact of the Government’s Stimulus Packages on the Property Market in the New Normal
· How Has Covid-19 Impacted Property Prices?
· Featured panel discussion
8th & 9th July 2020:
· Security of Tenure Under the Malaysian Torrens System
· The Future of Land Alienation
· Land Fraud—Do we need an Assurance Fund?
· Rise of Spatium – Is the Law in Place?
· The Next Steps in Reforming the National Land Code
· Modernising our Planning Law
· Land Use to Address Affordable Housing, Supply-Side Challenges: Research, Considerations & Possible Solutions
· The New Urban Agenda
· Challenges in Strata Developments
· Lease & Tenancy Laws
· Featured Panel Discussion
This conference is specifically tailor made for top level decision makers such as CEOs, COOs, CTOs, CIOs, Heads, President, VPs, Directors, GMs and senior personnel including Local Government, Agencies & Authorities as well as the following:
· Business Development Manager
· Fund Managers
· Investment Executives (Financial Institutions)
· Real Estate Valuers
· Land Surveyors
· Land Lawyers
· Financiers and lenders (Banking Institutions)
· Quantity Surveyors
In related industries such as:
· Properties and real estate industry
· Property Valuing/ Surveying Industry
· Law firms/ Architect firms
· Insurance/ Banking Industry
· Academic & Research Institutions
· Organizations/ Government Ministries
As well as from various industries
Day 1 (Virtual Conference) – 7 July 2020
Dr. Daniele Gambero Ar. Mustapha Kamal Zulkarnain Chris Tan
David Kok Weng Tuck Charles Tan Matthias Gelber
Day 2 & 3 (Physical Conference) – 8 & 9 July 2020
Prof Salleh Buang Pang Kong Leng Chris Tan
Dr. Daniele Gambero Dato’ Sr. Dr. Azimuddin Bahari Sr James Tan Keen Meng
Charles Tan Nik Mohd Ruiz Razy Khairul Anuar Shaharudin
Prof. Dato’ Dr. Mansor Ibrahim Alfred Chong