This year Comfori is proudly hosting the 3rd annual Women in Engineering conference 2020, with the theme of “An Exemplary Women Engineer”. During these unprecedented times, Comfori remains very much open and focused on our work supporting and promoting women engineers.
It is evident that the young generation will look upon those who came before, to learn about the world through the eye whom have seen & felt it. That is why we will be touching on the theme on being an example for young women engineers & up-coming Women Engineering Leaders.
Women engineers has been significantly under-represented in Malaysia, due mostly from gender disparity, unconscious bias, working flexible roles, and managing difference between two genders. For most case women will look up for guides from other women engineers for advice on how to handle this issue properly & peacefully. It is a wish for most women in the engineering field wanting to be seen as just an engineer rather than a women engineer.
This conference will be about women engineers coming together to share their experience and to find guidance from one another, be it as a speaker or a participant. We at Comfori Sdn Bhd is proud to provide this platform & support this cause.
· Presentation on the point of view of several individuals from leaders of an engineering company, high rank female officers & managers, and decision makers who champion this movement.
· Speakers will share their success stories on how they get where they are now & advices that they have learn on their journey.
· Learn how to resolve the looming issue that is the grass ceiling that most female engineer faces when pursuing the title of Manager.
· Share the perception on the engineering environment in eye of a female engineer and the steps women can take to raise their career in this field.
· Explore the aspect of what is needed in every leader:
- Resilience in this high performance industry
- Skills developing to strengthen leadership dynamic
- Career transition into senior management roles.
· Opportunity to learn, network & socialize with the peers of the engineering industry leader.
Comfori sdn bhd’s Women In Engineering Conference aim to bring senior decision makers together to share the most effective implementation, strategy on how to solidify a culture ideology about what it means to be a competent leader in the engineering industry such as:
· Mastering the ways to adapt in a male dominating environment
· Building career transition to senior level decision maker.
· Component needed in a leader in a highly performance based industry.
· Utilising emotional intelligence to inspire performance.
The forum will also touch on way that top management can do to support such as:
· Coping strategies and resources by adopting both male & female leadership capability.
· Acknowledge the potential talent of women by pushing them to take the lead.
· Reformatting work culture that benefits all.
This conference is specifically tailor made for top level decision makers such as CEOs, COOs, CTOs, CIOs, Heads, President, VPs, Directors, GMs and senior personnel including Local Government, Agencies & Authorities as well as the following:
• Business Development Manager
• HOD of the engineering departments
• HOD of the manufacturing facilities
• HOD of R&D in STEM.
Related Industries such as:
• Manufacturing & Production Industry
• Engineering Industry
• R&D Think tank facility
• Oil & Gas
• Power Generation.
• Construction Industry
As well as from various other industries
|Ir. Vun Wey Tyng (Jess) Norliana Aida Ramli Claire Keow|
Natasha Zulkifli Norhayati Binti Othman Ir. Wan Syakirah Wan Abdullah
Nora Afzam Binti Abdul Wahab Dr Wan Wardatul Amani Wan Salim Chin See Mei
DOWNLOAD SLIDES DOWNLOAD SLIDES DOWNLOAD SLIDES
IR. Prof. Dr. Leong Wai Yie Miss Dayang Syarmi Hezzimon Binti Abdul Hamid